Maps not showing in Collector (iPhone6S - Survey123)

Jump to solution
10-27-2016 08:17 AM
BBulla
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I've installed Collector on my iPhone and logged into my Organizational account.  I have several web maps and web applications created, but not a single one is visible through Collector.

With a web map or app, does at least one feature need to be 'editable' in order for it to appear in Collector??  I've read some posts that hint to that, but no real clear explanation.

I have a web map with no editable features, but it uses the Identify form to link to Survey123 where I want the data collected.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, for a map to show up in Collector it needs to have an editable layer. Collector doesn't work with apps, just maps.

Troubleshooting—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, for a map to show up in Collector it needs to have an editable layer. Collector doesn't work with apps, just maps.

Troubleshooting—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Esri Education Team
BBulla
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kylie,

Thanks for clarifying.  Is there a work-around for this?  My web map is only using a base-map and a web-based feature service, which is not editable.

Is there another option for displaying a web-map on a mobile device other than Collector??  The Survey123 portion of this is working, but it would like to be able to transfer attributes from the clicked on feature into the Survey123 form....which is working on a desktop through a web-browser.

0 Kudos
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

The simple / stupid way of getting a non-editable map in to Collector is to add an editable layer to your map that you don't care about. It could be a point layer that lets users record notes on the map that you'll ignore, it could be a layer called "Ignore this layer", it could even be turned off by default.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Since Collector is designed for data collection, this is as-designed. As others have mentioned, you could just have an editable layer that you don't use. However, I'm curious about your workflow. Could you email me some info about what you are trying to do by using both Collector and Survey123?

Kylie

kdonia@esri.com

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

Last time I checked, one layer (at least) must be editable for the map to be listed in Collector.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

If you would like to launch Survey123 for ArcGIS from a popup on a non-editable feature service, I suggest you try Explorer for ArcGIS or a simple web browser (with a web map). As Kylie indicates, Collector will not open a Web Map unless it includes an editable feature layer (because Collector is designed specifically to edit). Explorer, on the other hand, will open Web Maps with non-editable feature layers from which you can configure popups that open Survey123.

0 Kudos