Map will not load in Collector

Jump to solution
06-03-2021 04:46 PM
RandyBrawley
New Contributor

I am getting ready for a site. visit and wanted to use collector.  I have developed multiple web maps and even used maps I already had with editable layers.  I have published them as web maps.  However, they never load.  I have been following tutorials made in 2018.

What is a good source to figure out what is wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hi Randy,

This happens to me a lot too. The thing I end up having to do is retrace my steps to ensure that all the elements line up: editable feature service, web map allows editing, sharing.

The first thing I would check is the web map settings to see if they confirm that the web maps in question is editable. The second thing I would check is that the web map is shared correctly, so that you can see it with the user you are logging in with.

Sometimes I have seen a little lag in Collector refreshing its content. I sometimes have to log out and back in again to see recently added web maps.

Regards,
Mark

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hi Randy,

This happens to me a lot too. The thing I end up having to do is retrace my steps to ensure that all the elements line up: editable feature service, web map allows editing, sharing.

The first thing I would check is the web map settings to see if they confirm that the web maps in question is editable. The second thing I would check is that the web map is shared correctly, so that you can see it with the user you are logging in with.

Sometimes I have seen a little lag in Collector refreshing its content. I sometimes have to log out and back in again to see recently added web maps.

Regards,
Mark
RandyBrawley
New Contributor

Mark,

OK, Pretty easy and silly after hours of trying to get it to work.  In the end, I simply toggled the selector to make sure it had "editable layers" when I uploaded the web map.  Zoinks!

Thanks much.

0 Kudos