Map Download Failed

07-22-2015 07:05 AM
kg76
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to download a map with a considerable amount of data.

The map starts to download and gets about 3/4 of the way done and then just hangs there for a while. Eventually (often hours later) I'll get the following error message:

Map Download Failed

Unable to download the map.

You do not have permission to access the requested resource.

I've been using the Tiled Basemaps group to find offline-ready basemaps. For example I used the http://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/USA_Topo_Maps/MapServer  service for USA Topo Maps. But, I also made my own blank basemap that I've been substituting so that I can zoom in beyond level 20.

Other than that, I know that my feature services and map are shared with the appropriate users.

I'm using hosted feature services, and I've upgraded to Collector 10.3.2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using an ArcGIS Online organization or Portal for ArcGIS? If you are using ArcGIS Online you do not need to use tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com to download the map. Also for the other basemap layer does it support export tiles and is it hosted or coming from your ArcGIS Server?

0 Kudos
kg76
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm using an ArcGIS Online organizational account. The other basemap layer I created as a tile package and uploaded to Collector on the iPhone via iTunes.

0 Kudos