lat long fields

12-05-2014 02:38 PM
CarlosCano
New Contributor

Hello,

I just started exploring collector for the first time and I have some basic questions that I am hoping you guys could help:

1. Is there a way to have fields for lat and long auto populated? I would like to see the coordinated recorded on the attribute table.

2. Is it possible to create a map without any of the default basemaps from arcgis online?

3. If I publish my map/for to all public, only those with an organization account can use it in collector? Does a personal arcgis online account work in collector?

thank you

Andres

0 Kudos
1 Reply
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Andres,

1. Is there a way to have fields for lat and long auto populated? I would like to see the coordinated recorded on the attribute table.

- The shape field stores the coordinates, perimeter and the area data, you can use the ArcGIS API to retrieve the data without adding additional redundant fields.

2. Is it possible to create a map without any of the default basemaps from arcgis online?

- You need to set the default basemap (Tile service/hosted tile service) in your Organizational account settings with an admin role.

3. If I publish my map/for to all public, only those with an organization account can use it in collector? Does a personal arcgis online account work in collector?

- Collector App works with ArcGIS Online for Organizations or with Portal for ArcGIS.

Regards,

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos