Is it possible to have conditional drop downs?

10-23-2014 04:42 AM
JerryGarcia1
Occasional Contributor II

I am familiar with setting up collector with drop downs by leveraging the subtypes and domains but is it possible to have a conditional drop down. For example if I had a list manholes, some are owned by the state the other the city. When a worker comes to inventory the manhole with collector is it possible to have the  first question be "Is the manhole owned by the state?", if the answer is yes the rest of the questions will be available if the answer is no then the rest of the of the questions are grayed out or just not there.

11 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I no longer work specifically on the Collector product, currently working on AGOL projects and web 3D products. Smarter forms are coming: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/collector-for-arcgis/blog/2017/09/06/the-auror... 

0 Kudos
RodneyCarlson
New Contributor

Antecedent variables are the bane of collecting field data. There is always going to be the unknown. The problem I have with my staff is one of two things 1) The field technicians do not collect the data as they see it as wrong or does not apply. 2) the field technicians do not want to be bothered with taking the extra time in entering a manual entry into collector when they are pressed by other managers to meet a quota.

0 Kudos