Is it possible to have conditional drop downs?

10-23-2014 04:42 AM
JerryGarcia1
Occasional Contributor II

I am familiar with setting up collector with drop downs by leveraging the subtypes and domains but is it possible to have a conditional drop down. For example if I had a list manholes, some are owned by the state the other the city. When a worker comes to inventory the manhole with collector is it possible to have the  first question be "Is the manhole owned by the state?", if the answer is yes the rest of the questions will be available if the answer is no then the rest of the of the questions are grayed out or just not there.

11 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is currently not possible in Collector today but it is something we want to add to the app.

JerryGarcia1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the info Russell.

0 Kudos
BradySmith
Occasional Contributor

The concept of conditional drop down fields is something that my clients ask about on a regular basis. I am glad that ESRI is considering the concept.

CharlesPhilbrick
New Contributor II

Thanks for speaking up here, Russell. I am interested in this capability as well. I don't want to rush you -- but is there any way you could have this working by the end of the week?

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Haha If it wasn't Dev Summit next week totally......

How would you be using this in your field projects?

0 Kudos
CharlesPhilbrick
New Contributor II

Well, there are all kinds of ways that this would be helpful. Most immediately, we have a group of people using collector to perform a sign structure inventory on our trail system. I would like it if they were presented with one field: 'Sign Structure Type' and then the values available in the subsequent field, 'Sign Type' were dependent upon the value entered in the first.

While I'm sounding off about what I'd like out of Collector, we are eagerly awaiting related tables support from the ios app!

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

10.3 Collector iOS rolled out this week!

CharlesPhilbrick
New Contributor II

Oh! Pardon me then, I've got to go update some apps.

0 Kudos
AndrewZimba1
New Contributor III

Any action on this?  Last reply was three years ago.  As far as I can tell, conditional logic is all that needs to be implemented to have collector completely replace ArcPad.  Russell, please contact me if you would like to discuss why this is so important.

0 Kudos