IPad and Collector

11-08-2018 10:07 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to acquire data on my Ipad using collector and  it will only get a 213ft average. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Perry,

> I am trying to acquire data on my Ipad using collector and  it will only get a 213ft average.

Are you referring to the location accuracy when you try to add a new feature? This property will depend on your device's location provider service. To get high precision accuracy, you should use Collector with a high accuracy GPS/GNSS device.

Use high-accuracy GPS—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am just using the receiver that comes with the Ipad 6th Generation.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Perry,

> I am just using the receiver that comes with the Ipad 6th Generation.

Yes, so the iPad built-in receiver will use the location service provided by your wireless provider. For example: AT&T, Sprint, etc. and these location services might not provide enough accuracy to meet your needs. In which case, you will need to use a 3rd party high accuracy GPS/GNSS device with your iPad.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Samsung notepad and it works fine without any wireless provider. The whole idea is to be able to go out into the field where there is no wireless service and use the internal GPS.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Perry,

Thanks for the clarification. I suppose the internal GPS within the iPad is not as good as your Samsung notepad. I'm not sure I can offer a solution or fix. If you are working disconnected, then using a 3rd party GPS device is recommended.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos