I have a student license and when I attempt to use Collector for ArcGIS using the ArcGIS Online login and my credentials it tells me that public accounts are not supported.

01-16-2018 12:44 PM
EricEmrick
New Contributor

I don't understand why it sees my account as public instead of named.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

does your institution authorize the license for Collector? If your license is issued through your institution, you may have to put in a request for access, through the My Esri link, then connect to your organization.

0 Kudos
EricEmrick
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I purchased a Student License which started among other features the ability to use Collector for ArcGIS. However, when I attempt to login using “ArcGIS Online”, I get the error.

Thanks

Eric

0 Kudos
EricEmrick
New Contributor

"stated" not "started"

0 Kudos
EricEmrick
New Contributor

Also, please keep in mind that from MyEsri account, when I click on my user name in the upper right, I can choose ArcGIS Online and my credentials as accepted and I can seemingly everything I should be able to do.   However, when trying to login directly to ArcGIS Online to use Collector for ArcGIS, I get a message stating my account is a public account.

Thanks

Eric

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I only have an ArcGIS online account through my organization since that is how I access all my software and its updates.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric, 

There's probably a disconnect between your ArcGIS Online and My Esri account/credentials. 

With My Esri, this is where you access software downloads and licences - also included is the free/public version of ArcGIS Online. 

I'm not 100% sure of the process, but you might have received an email from Esri with a link to set up your official ArcGIS Online account, which in turn includes Collector and a whole other host of apps. If you did not receive this, it's be worth contacting Esri directly: https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support  for help with accounts. 

Carmel

0 Kudos