How can I use Collector to just update data?

Jump to solution
08-19-2016 10:19 AM
MarkHotz
Occasional Contributor II

I have created my first Collector app, and it does work well....BUT....I'm wondering if I can use this app to simply update existing features, rather than add a brand new point every time.

We have a need to inspect culverts and stormwater discharge points, and this spatial data has already been collected and is currently in our geodatabase.  All we need to do is visit those points and update the database with a fresh inspection once or twice a year.

I have created an app but so far all it does is register a point and we can then update that database at that time...but we really don't need this much capability.  My question then is, "can we simply use Collector to navigate to our stormceptor points and then update those existing tables?  How does one do this using Collector?  Is there a "how 2" guide somewhere that explains how to set up and use Collector in this manner?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkHotz

Jake:  Thanks a million...I didn't know that the settings here could accommodate that.  This is exactly what I needed to know .

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mark,

You can set this at the Feature Service.  Go to the feature service details in ArcGIS Online.  Click on the Settings tab and click on the option 'Only update feature attributes':

MarkHotz

Jake:  Thanks a million...I didn't know that the settings here could accommodate that.  This is exactly what I needed to know .