How can I edit a field in Collector to show as text?

Jump to solution
10-03-2019 08:40 AM
Tammy_LynnSchaefer
New Contributor II

I added a field in my Collector map and changed the Type to string.  When the data collection and map are complete, I want the ability to download the data into a an Excel spreadsheet.  For the field I added, I need the "Type" to be text.  The field that I added was "Type of Asset" and I want to see each type as text instead as numbers; i.e., fuel tank, when I convert to Excel.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Use this button in Excel to import the CSV.  It will let you pick the field type so you can force it.  I use it for our keys all the time since they get converted to scientific by excel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Use this button in Excel to import the CSV.  It will let you pick the field type so you can force it.  I use it for our keys all the time since they get converted to scientific by excel.

0 Kudos
Tammy_LynnSchaefer
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response, but I need more clarification.  In order to get an Excel worksheet, I took the attribute table to an excel table in Pro (table to Excel function).  Once the data is in Excel, I chose Data and changed "From Text/CSV" but it wants me to import the table I'm in.  Sorry I must be missing something?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I assumed you were exporting to CSV.  Try that.  This is an excel issue not an Arc issue.

Unless you are talking about domain values?  So you have domain that has a 1 = Type X, etc?

Tammy_LynnSchaefer
New Contributor II

Thanks for your help!  It's working now.

0 Kudos