Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted feature layer not showing in collector

03-04-2015 09:52 AM
TravisSmith1
New Contributor III

I have a feature service hosted on our own server. I'm able to see the service on AGOL and load it as a feature layer in a web map. I'm able to edit the feature layer through the web map interface. Sync capability is enabled. When I log into Collector on my mobile device, I can see the web map I published with my feature service, however, when I open the map, none of the data shows up. The layers are all listed in the layer list, but they're all disabled and I can't turn them on. When I try to download the map locally to the device, it errors out. What is the problem here? Why does everything work fine online but not in Collector? Thanks.

Tags (1)
30 Replies
CMPDDGIS
New Contributor III

Please make sure that if you make a map and add feature layers to said map after the fact that the new hosted feature service layers are also shared with the organization you are trying to allow use of said layers.  We had added new layers as a separated hosted feature service layer and had not shared them with the group therefore they showed in the layers list on the collector app but did not allow use of them in the app until they were shared.  

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Hope this helps.

RandyBurton
MVP Alum

For map layers to display on Collector, the layer needs to be editable. Since you want to take the map offline, you also need to enable sync for the layer.  When you add the reference layers to your map, select the option to disable editing.  If you prefer, you can also uncheck the edit option when you are configuring the pop-up for the reference layer.  

IngridMans
Occasional Contributor II

I'm also having this problem in my collector app. I have features symbolized by a custom expression based on a date field. Hosted feature layer, map, and app are all shared with the right groups, with edit and sync enabled. I know this is way later than all the previous posts on here but I'm out of ideas. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

arcade expressions are supported in the Collector Aurora release. https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/collector-for-arcgis/blog/2017/09/06/the-auror... 

0 Kudos
IngridMans

To clarify, are you saying it's the arcade expression and symbology that is causing the issue?

0 Kudos
IngridMans

I see now that that was indeed the issue. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
PhillipCarlos
New Contributor II

My organization is experiencing this problem again on Android devices that started yesterday.  It appears the latest release resulted in the same problem that started this exact post.  Hosted feature services are available on AGOL web maps and web mapping applications, but not available in Collector.  Nothing in our organization has changed for the past several months and we had no issues, and so I am confident in our system.

Please post when this is resolved.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I would submit this issue to support.

JohnGreen
New Contributor II

We had a similar problem.  In our case, a user downloaded a map using a base map already on device.  After he set his work area, he thought he should zoom in to set the level of detail.  He zoomed in to a small area that did not have any features thus none displayed.

0 Kudos
DavidDenham
Occasional Contributor

I am having issues with two layers not being shown on the map in #Collector for Android, but they work fine in Collector for iOS.  In both applications the services appear in the Layers list, but in the Android Collectore application the layers are turned off and I cannot make them display again.

0 Kudos