09-13-2016 02:13 PM
WellingtonChristian_Rodrigues_
Esri Contributor

Hi everybody

19 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wellington,

That would be really interesting to hear about the differences. I hope you get some replies. I tried poking around some and only came across this (which was not very helpful):

Compare ESRI ArcInfo vs Hexagon Geospatial | IT Central Station 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Very strange.... since they have joint project(s)...

Esri and Hexagon Promote Their Joint Collaboration at HxGN LIVE 

perhaps you could pursue this internally incase this is related and the left hand with be competing with the right hand.... or maybe whoever 'wins' will subcontract to the other.

strange indeed

0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Not strange at all. There is on the surface a level of cooperation, but a fierce rivalry lurks not far below...

Remember when Erdas was the image processing software of choice for esri users? Then it was bought into the Hexagon group along with ER Mapper, Microstation etc etc. Out went Erdas, in came PCI (Envi).

We still have a good lot of cooperation here with the local Leica agents because their survey kit and field devices are just better than most.

As regards the original subject I would say....

Don't worry about the opposition. Just make sure that what you say about the features of collector are actually true ie, go out and use it with real, live data. Don't just believe the sales talk. 

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

As regards the original subject I would say....

Don't worry about the opposition. Just make sure that what you say about the features of collector are actually true ie, go out and use it with real, live data. Don't just believe the sales talk. 

Neil,

Truer words cannot have been spoken. Collector can be a deceiving tool. Sales talks can make it appear the to be the greatest but I would wholeheartedly second what Neil has said in terms of trying it out yourself.

PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

First thing I noticed on Android is that Mobile MapWorks seemingly can't be installed on phones, only tablets.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Neil Ayres‌      Don't just believe the sales talk

Adrian Welsh‌  Sales talks can make it appear the to be the greatest ...

You guys nailed it.  But this is true about just about anything.  I'm about to embark on a new project involving Hexagon.  They tell me I have nothing to worry about. (like I haven't heard that before...)

That should just about do it....
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Joe,

You'll have to report back here on what you think about Hexagon!

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I will.  The agency I work for (9-1-1 dispatch) has just barely started to the migration to Hexagon's I/Cad which will require me to convert my ESRI data (centerlines, address points, dispatch polygons, yadda yadda yadda...).

That should just about do it....
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

migration to Hexagon's I/Cad...

Really. That's a big change. Who persuaded them that this was a good idea. Is your current system not doing what you want it to do?

0 Kudos