Feature Service Not Editable in Collector

06-08-2017 03:11 AM
AdrienHafner
Occasional Contributor

Hi, let me start by saying I've already read through a number of threads on here with similar issues, and tried the suggestions provided to no avail. 

My set-up is this: I have a feature service published to ArcGIS Server containing one feature class that I wish to use for offline editing with attachments, being consumed by AGOL.  The SDE feature class in the feature service has been registered as versioned and contains GlobalIDs.  The file does not currently contain any records, as it's the intention that the data will be collected in the field.  I am using an Android platform for the Collector app.  In the Collector app, I am able to a) sign in to the organizational AGOL account, b) view the map and c) open the map.  Upon opening the map, though, there isn't any '+ Create Features' icon/button, and when I click on 'Layers' I see my feature class, but it is grayed out and I am unable to check it. 

Some additional info for troubleshooting I have tried:

1) I have unregistered the data as versioned and turned on all of the Feature Service Capabilities (Create, Delete, Query, Sync and Update) and received an error message saying that the feature class wasn't configured for Sync capabilities

2) I have re-registered the data as versioned leaving all of the Feature Service Capabilities turned on (Create, Delete, Query, Sync and Update) and received an error message saying that the Service Capabilities weren't properly configured for use with Sync. 

3) I read online in Esri documentation that if the data is versioned you should only leave the Query and Sync Capabilities turned on, and if the data is unversioned to turn all of the Capabilities on (Create, Delete, Query, Sync and Update).  I want to be able to use this feature class offline for data editing and collection with attachments, which to me, dictates that it must be versioned???  So the documentation seems contradictory. 

Help, please!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adrien,

You can have your feature class registered as versioned with GlobalIDs.  One thing to check is your relationship class for the attachments related using the GlobalID fields?  From the Help:

00184: Layer is not configured for or cannot be used with the Sync capability

• If the users of this service will be using Sync, and you need this layer in your service, you will need to configure your data for Sync. All layers must be either versioned and contain a Global ID field or all nonversioned, archive enabled, and contain a Global ID field. If the layer participates in a relationship class or has attachments, the layer and related table or attachment must be related using a Global ID field as the primary key. You can use the Migrate Relationship Class geoprocessing tool to convert ObjectID-based relationship classes and attachments to use Global ID fields as the primary key.

0 Kudos
AdrienHafner
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Jake.  The relationship class does already use the GlobalID as its primary key, though.  

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Try starting over:

1.  Unregister the feature class as versioned

2.  Disable archiving (if it was enabled)

3.  Delete attachments

4.  Register the feature class as versioned

5.  Create attachments

6.  Analyze the map document with the feature class added and all capabilities (Create, Sync, etc) enabled. 

What is the error you are receiving?

0 Kudos
AdrienHafner
Occasional Contributor

Ok, I've followed the outlined steps above.  When I analyzed this is the error: code 00191 "Invalid feature services capabilities configuration for sync".  The contradictory information I referenced in my original post was regarding the Esri documentation for that error code 00191: Invalid feature service capabilities configuration for sync—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise .  The suggestions outlined under 'Solution' do not make sense to me.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Can you provide a screen shot of the Feature Service Capabilities you have enabled?  Also, are you able to copy the feature class to a File Geodatabase, zip this, and upload to GeoNET?

0 Kudos
AdrienHafner
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jake, I've uploaded a zipped file gdb with the data.  Below is a screenshot of the service feature access capabilities.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

I was unable to reproduce this with ArcGIS 10.5.

I would recommend reaching out to Tech Support.

AdrienHafner
Occasional Contributor

Ok, good to know.  We're currently running 10.2.2, but will be upgrading to 10.5 in the next month or so.  Even if it doesn't solve our issue immediately, it's very helpful to know that it seems to be a version issue rather than a configuration issue.  Thanks so much for your help!!

0 Kudos