Failure to sync related table

Jump to solution
11-15-2016 08:32 AM
JenniferSwitzer1
New Contributor II

I have a point feature service to collect sign poles with a related table (1:M relationship class using Global ID as primary key) to collect the street signs attached to each pole.  The services are hosted through our ArcGIS Server.  I can take my map offline, create the pole features and add related sign entries.  However, when I try to sync my edits when I am connected to WiFi, the pole features come through but the related sign entries do not.  I get this message - "Error code '500': Failed to Synchronize".  I am using a Windows Surface tablet (Windows 10).  Any ideas why this is happening?  Would it have anything to do with the Global IDs?  Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferSwitzer1
New Contributor II

I talked to someone at Esri and the problem was that I was using the GlobalID field as both the primary and foreign keys in the feature class and table.  What you must do is create a GUID field in the table to use as the foreign key.  After adding the GUID field, I created a new relationship class using GlobalID as the primary key and then the GUID as the foreign key.  I then republished my feature service and everything is working and syncing with no problems.

This blog describes it well ... GUIDs and Global ID Fields for Related Tables in ArcPad | ESRI ArcGIS Collector Desktop Mobile|RIA M... 

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What version is your ArcGIS Server?

Have you working with a Relationship Class? Creating a simple relationship class

Also see Related Tables – Exploring New Ways to use Collector for ArcGIS

Think Location
0 Kudos
JenniferSwitzer1
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Server 10.4.  

I have a 1:M simple relationship class using Global IDs as the primary key.  

The data is in an enterprise SQL Server database, version 2014.

0 Kudos
JenniferSwitzer1
New Contributor II

I talked to someone at Esri and the problem was that I was using the GlobalID field as both the primary and foreign keys in the feature class and table.  What you must do is create a GUID field in the table to use as the foreign key.  After adding the GUID field, I created a new relationship class using GlobalID as the primary key and then the GUID as the foreign key.  I then republished my feature service and everything is working and syncing with no problems.

This blog describes it well ... GUIDs and Global ID Fields for Related Tables in ArcPad | ESRI ArcGIS Collector Desktop Mobile|RIA M... 

Thanks