Esri_Anonymous

Jump to solution
04-07-2015 11:52 AM
ShaunGibbins2
New Contributor III

How do you record users in edit tracking fields (created by & edited by) when using arcgis collector?

We have feature service published via our on premise arcgis server and served through an arcgis online map in offline mode, we have 6 field operatives using collector logged in as arcgis online users everything works well except all records get recorded as 'Esri_Anonymous' as the created by & edited by instead of the actual user that submitted the record.

ArcGIS Server and Desktop versions used 10.3, latest version of iOS collector.

Any ideas what I have missed in configuration.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

I lock down the feature service with the AD group (we are using federated access) which forces the users to log in and then it records who does what:

Lock the service:

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marco_AlejandroBonilla
Occasional Contributor

Dear Shaun,

The only way that we've reached that, is establishing security to our edition services at the Server level, So if a user tries to reach the service by arcgis online and gives his organization's credentials to access that service itself, the editor is registered in "created by" and "edited by" fields.

Hope it helps.

MB

ShaunGibbins2
New Contributor III

Hi Marco

Thank you for your response much appreciated, how did you achieve this?

I have created user accounts on our arcgis server that match the usernames and passwords of the arcgis online accounts, I also setup database accounts using the same usernames and passwords and setup the relevant privileges against each feature class but nothing I have tried seems to work.

0 Kudos
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

I lock down the feature service with the AD group (we are using federated access) which forces the users to log in and then it records who does what:

Lock the service:

ShaunGibbins2
New Contributor III

ah got it, thanks guys much appreciated

Marco_AlejandroBonilla
Occasional Contributor

In the Arcgis for Server manager, in the "services" tab, theres a lock button next to each service.

You can set the security levels with the roles that you've created for your site and, as long as a user belong to a role with privileges to use the service, the users logged with their username and passwords could access each service.

Let me know if it worked.

MB

0 Kudos