Error message when updating feature service

Jump to solution
06-22-2014 09:49 PM
KirkDavis1
New Contributor II
Hello,

I'll try to give a bit of background to this as I can, so as not to skew a neutral opinion.  I have 3 users running a simple point collection map service on Collector (iOS) that are receiving an odd ERROR message when they attempt to update a feature service in disconnected editing mode (cached).  The form that they populate is not completely filled for each point.

I have attached two different error messages.  An example of the error (if the attachments don't open immediately):

"ERROR insert into "cone_survey_locations_evw" ("OBJECTID", "WAYPOINT_NAME",...(this list continues with all of the feature service input fields)) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?....(continues with a bunch of questions marks, for each field presumably))

I read somewhere about there being issues with required fields in the file geodatabase?  I know that I made their geodatabase with a few required fields.  The confusing part is that the service has been working for a few days and now just won't save any points in the cached mode. 

I hope that you can shed some light on what these error messages are referring too!

Thanks!
Kirk
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: RussRoberts

It looks like the Stand Type domain is set up with a few options that are 21 characters and the field only supports 20 characters. If you choose the non 21 character options it works.. if you choose the longer then 20 character option it fails.

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you share your map and service with me and we can take a look into the issue. You can create a group and invite Collector4ArcGIS into the group and then let me know the group name once you have shared it with that account.

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
KirkDavis1
New Contributor II
Hi Russ,

Here is the group I created:

ArcGIS Collector Support & Testing - WADNR - You have been invited to join!

The only caveat is that my users were only able to generate the message some of the time and they tried filling in different parts of the form - there was no pattern regarding a missing "WAYPOINT_NAME" and an error or any of the attributes in combination.  Hopefully, you are able to generate this error message as well.  Also, this occurred when my users were in cached mode.

Thanks!
Kirk
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It looks like the Stand Type domain is set up with a few options that are 21 characters and the field only supports 20 characters. If you choose the non 21 character options it works.. if you choose the longer then 20 character option it fails.

Russ
0 Kudos
KirkDavis1
New Contributor II
Hi Russ,

thanks for the heads up - I'll make that change and see how it goes.  Do you think that I should change all of the required fields to "not required" while I'm making updates to avoid any other issues?

Kirk
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would recommend it just incase they could evolve into an issue later on.

Russ
0 Kudos