Disconnected Editing BaseMap

05-03-2016 06:15 AM
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I have a map that I am editing via Collector.  I set it up for disconnected editing, which is working fine.  My issue is that when I select my area for download I cannot zoom in far enough for the collection.  I need to zoom farther into the basemap but due to my defined area it wont allow me to zoom in far enough....What are my options?  I have few points but they are a bit of a distance from each other.  The user is going to be in the field so sync'ing and downloading again will not be an option unless then drive all the way back into town. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

Create a TPK file and load that onto the device.

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Note that I am referring to the ESRI Basemaps.....When I select an area I cannot get in close enough....If I am running collector live I can get to the level I need.  When I select the area the level of detail is not being maintained.  Is there a way to download more detailed map cache?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Esri basemaps have a defined export tile limit. If you can generate your own hosted tiled service you can set the export tile limit on that service while you define the parameters of your tile service. You can also just creat a tpk in desktop and sideload that onto the device.

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

So you are saying I would need my own raw Tiffs of an area and create a cached map service, in that service define the export limit and then tpk that service?

Edit:  I cant do this with ESRI Service?

0 Kudos
KaylaFlamm
New Contributor III

Just to be sure, when you go to download your map for offline editing, do you first set your work area and then go to map detail and zoom in to set the desired level of detail? You should be able to zoom in pretty far on the imagery basemap, such as 1:2,800 scale, even with a fairly large work area (I've tested it to about 50 sq miles). Granted, your file size will be huge. If you're looking for a larger work area at a higher level of detail though, then you will want to go the tpk route.

jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Kayla.....Thank you so much...i feel foolish...I was misunderstanding the map detail part of the download....I zoomed in to increase the detail and then downloaded and everything is good to go....

Sorry all if I wasted your time...but great to now know the tpk option is there....Cheers to you all and thanks again

0 Kudos