Disable Editing on web map layer doesn't work for sync enabled feature service

04-08-2014 11:37 AM
BarryBiediger
New Contributor III
After figuring out that ALL feature services in an offline enabled map must have full editing turned on thanks to this thread I created an offline map with a point feature service for editing plus a polygon feature service of ownership parcels which will never be edited in the field.  I disabled editing on the parcel layer in the web map, but I can still edit the parcels and sync my changes.  Am I missing something? Is there another way to keep the user from editing a feature service you don't want them to be able to? 

Will this also happen with a 10.2.2 feature service?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricLink
New Contributor III
Hi, if you go to the layer properties in the web map you created you will see an option called "Disable Editing".  Click this and save map. You should then not be able to edit that layer in the offline map.  Hope this helped.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you seeing this on iOS or Android and can you share me your map?

Thanks!
Russ
0 Kudos
BarryBiediger
New Contributor III
I'm using iOS.  I shared the map with you and PM'd the link.
0 Kudos
BarryBiediger
New Contributor III
Thanks to Russ, I was able to get this to work correctly, hiding the layer that had editing disabled from the data collection layers in Collector.  He told me to "pull to refresh" the map.  It's odd that even though I hadn't refreshed the map this way, I had removed it from my iPad and re-downloaded it multiple times, but it still saw the parcel layer as editable.

I also had a line feature service in the map with a null extent.  That probably added to the problem.
0 Kudos