Data disappears after collection

11-14-2013 09:28 AM
AndrewBrown1
Occasional Contributor II
First, upon opening the map with Collector, there are some data not displaying on the map. I know the data are there, as they appear through my web browser. No clue why.

Next, I collect a point and polygon, and after attributing them both, and saving, they disappear from my Collector map. Don't know why. I know they are still there as I can see them on my desktop browser.

Any clue why my data are disappearing and not showing upon app launch?

Edit: Using Android platform. Will try with iOS once my boss gets out of a meeting.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Do you have a large number of features within your map? If possible can you share your map and I can take a look at it.

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
Nope, only a few. At first, there were 3 points and 1 polygon. Currently, there are 5 points and 2 polygons. I built a map to attempt to set up our production server for mobile data collection. We have to disable security to allow editing, so I'll get back to you tomorrow when I'm trying again.
0 Kudos
KeithGanzenmuller

Andrew, did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.

The point appears as I am collecting it but if I open collector again it is gone, it does appear on the web map though.

0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1

Hi Keith,

Sorry for the late reply - the new Esri notifications aren't doing a great job.

Anyhow, we couldn't get it to work, so the idea was eventually scrapped. I also left that company a couple months afterward, so I have no idea if they ever got back to another attempt.

I know we had issues with the data not loading properly because our AGS' Web Adaptor sat behind IIS basic authentication. Despite allowing editing to our map service, the IIS security still gave us issues.

Good luck.

0 Kudos