Create Replica Failed

Jump to solution
03-21-2014 06:46 AM
TysonJohnston
Occasional Contributor
We are in the early stages of testing Collector 10.2.2 on iOS 7.1.

It was a bummer to learn that offline editing cannot be done with versioned datasets (We use the "Create Local Copy for Editing" from a feature service desktop editing model).

The ArcSDE/SQL Server geodatabase which our data is based on is versioned. We created a two-way replica and unregistered the data so it was no longer versioned in the replica, then enabled archiving. We published a service with "Sync" enabled and set up the map on ArcGIS Online.

On the mobile device, the map will download about 3/4 of the way and fail saying that "The operation couldn't be completed. Failed to create replica. Editor tracking fields must be visible. Failed to create replica. Editor tracking fields must be visible." We fixed this issue and republished the service on which the map is based.

Now, we just get the error "Failed to create replica."

Any ideas?
Tags (2)
27 Replies
ElainaO_Rourke
New Contributor II

I am having the same problem with the "Failed to Create Replica" error in Collector. A Global ID is an index field and isn't  the Global ID field required for use of a feature in Portal/Collector?

HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

I had this issue and I found that I had to go to the System folder in Manager and make sure it was unlocked. Also, if you upgraded your server you will want to go to the arcgiserver folders and make sure ArcGIS user is in the folder security.

Also sometimes an mxd could have bad element in it and starting from scratch may do the trick too.

(Cannot have any joins in map for feature service)

Hope it helps

0 Kudos
RobertKirkwood
Occasional Contributor III

I am having the same issue. Is it because there is an attachment relationship built on the feature class?

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

If it is hosted could be. if it is on your server it shouldn't be a problem.

I found that if I put data in the cloud and had attachments prior I had issues, I had to do that in the cloud. That may be fixed now though.

I would start with only adding 1 feature at a time to your web map and see if you can narrow down the issue.

Also, double locking on service will cause problems. Make sure it is only locked at folder or at service level.

RobertKirkwood

Thanks. I am only using one feature class in the map when I publish the service. I have tried default/versioned data and default/non-versioned data as well. The service publishes fine with "sync" enabled.

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

Have you looked at your server logs? I have only created feature services from versioned data because we use that for other replicas.

A service will publish fine but pulling it down is another story it's more complex. I found that live editing with sync enabled data would work fine but pulling it down (creating a replica) would fail.

You have the option in your web map to enable offline editing?

RobertKirkwood

The option for offline editing is checked in the service. I am getting this error:

Error executing tool.: ErrorMsg@SyncGPService:{"code":400,"description":"Failed to create replica."} Failed to execute (Create Feature Service Replica).

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

You are using 10.3 up right? Also, the SyncTools folder and service are unlocked in server manager.

RobertKirkwood

I am using 10.3. I did not have the Sync folder unlocked. I just did that. I tried again. i forgot to mention i got this error in the Server Logs:

Error: Entry for SDE instance not found in services file. Invalid parameter value passed to function ["UWYO\WYGISC-AGS".Esri_Anonymous_W_1456513950387]. Version not found ["UWYO\WYGISC-AGS".Esri_Anonymous_W_1456513950387].

0 Kudos
RobertKirkwood

Do i have to add ESRI_Anonymous as a user?

0 Kudos