Copying a Runtime GDB from iPad to FGDB Error

Jump to solution
06-12-2015 03:00 PM
JasonThoene1
New Contributor

Hello,

We were having problems syncing data from our iPads to AGO a while back.  To back up this data, we copied the .geodatabase file and all associated data from the iPad to our local server.  It was my understanding that I would be able to bring the data back in to a FGDB using the 'Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase' tool, but it seems not to be the case.  I receive 'Error 001730' when I try to run this tool.  Using ArcGIS 10.3, Collector 10.3, and AGO.

Is there some setting I need to enable in order for this tool to work?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisArmstrong
New Contributor

Hi Jason,

I was recently having the same problem but managed to resolve the issue by copying the runtime geodatabase files to a folder on my desktop in order to simplify/shorten the file path before using the "Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase" tool. By default the runtime geodatabase directories are rather long and convoluted.

Then I copied the converted FGDB to the appropriate directory as required.

Cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ChrisArmstrong
New Contributor

Hi Jason,

I was recently having the same problem but managed to resolve the issue by copying the runtime geodatabase files to a folder on my desktop in order to simplify/shorten the file path before using the "Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase" tool. By default the runtime geodatabase directories are rather long and convoluted.

Then I copied the converted FGDB to the appropriate directory as required.

Cheers

Chris

GregStevenson
New Contributor III

This worked for me

0 Kudos
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

Worked for me too! Thanks a ton!

0 Kudos
WilliamLongmire
New Contributor II

Thanks Chris!

0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III

copied local, tried different drives, shortened the folder name, then shortened the file name itself and still no luck... Error 001730

EDIT: this is a runtime geodatabase from Android

KristinaDick
New Contributor II

Were you able to figure out a solution? I've done all the steps listed above and I am still getting the error. I have successfully run this tool many other times, so I am perplexed why this one .geodatabase file is not working.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

OBVYamaska
New Contributor II

Still having this issue myself. Anyone have found a solution?

The path could not by shorter, and the error still pops up.

0 Kudos
GregStevenson
New Contributor III

From experience, if its a one-off with a gdb that wont sync or convert, the runtime gdb is corrupted. Try clearing the edit tables in the database.

0 Kudos
JaneneMichaelis2
New Contributor

I am weeping with joy right now.  Thanks!

0 Kudos