Continuous collection not working.

Jump to solution
06-17-2015 05:06 PM
JamesPreston
Occasional Contributor

I have just tried to use continuous collection on one of my projects and have discovered that it is not working. The Continuous collection panel does not appear immediately (or at all) after having collected a feature. I did some testing , with other projects and other login profiles, and discovered that the problem is unique to this particular project. It has worked in previous iterations of this same project earlier in my testing phase.

As far as I was aware the continuous collection was no more than a setting at the app level. Is there potentially something that I could have done while building the map or data-set to prevent continuous collection? I am using Collector 10.3.1 on iOS. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Continuous collection is still a setting at the app level. However, we haven't support continuous collect or copy in the webmap with related table. Does your webmap have relate table?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Continuous collection is still a setting at the app level. However, we haven't support continuous collect or copy in the webmap with related table. Does your webmap have relate table?

JamesPreston
Occasional Contributor

Ah yes, I do have several related tables in the map. Thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
VickyS
by
Occasional Contributor

Will this be supported in the future? It would be very useful.

0 Kudos
JamesPreston
Occasional Contributor

I am also interested in whether this will be possible in the future. The operational managers that are using my Collector in the field have expressed disappointment at not being able to use continuous collection since I have added their related tables.

0 Kudos
JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Miaogeng Zhang​,

I've got many users utilizing Collector apps with related tables at my organization. Will the continuous feature collection functionality will be incorporated for apps with related tables in a future release?

Thanks,

Jacqueline

DominickCisson
Occasional Contributor

I have to re-ask the same question everyone as everyone else here.... is this "limitation" going to get addressed?  I've tested map services with features related to features (i.e. signs on signposts) and those with tables related to features (sign inspections on signs)  The existence of either makes continuous collection not work.  No error message, no nothing... it just doesn't work.  And this is using ArcGIS Server 10.4 and the beta 10.4 Collector release currently out.  Honestly, the support of related tables in Collector is pretty much negated by their blocking of continuous feature collection 

0 Kudos
GroundsAdmin
New Contributor

I would have to agree with Dominick- the lack of continuous collect for related tables negates the efficiency they provide. I've had to remove all my related tables because it isn't worth my clients time when they are putting in hundreds to thousands of points of data in daily.

Continuous collect is imperative for related tables to be a useful feature in mobile data collection.

0 Kudos