Collector on Android phones - Error downloading map to work offline

07-23-2015 03:41 AM
SanneMikkelsen
Occasional Contributor

Hi all

I have set up a map to work offline in Collector. It works fine using Iphone 5 and Ipad Air.

BUT when we try downloading map for offline use on a Sony Experia z3 or LG phones with Android 5.0.2 it fails. I get the message:

"The map could not be downloaded; one or more layers could not be loaded . The map can not be transferred."

From danish: "Kortet kunne ikke downloades, et eller flere lag kunne ikke indlæses. Kortet kan ikke overføres."

Has anyone tried this an know how to fix it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Sanne,

Is the web map coming from Portal or ArcGIS Online? Where are the feature services hosted, Online or Server? Also, does this occur on a cellular network as well as wifi?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
SanneMikkelsen
Occasional Contributor

Hey Scott

Sorry for the late answer, but I have har a nice long summer vacation:-)

The webmap is coming from ArcGIS online and the featureservice is hosted on ArcGISserver. I have not tried it on an wifi (due to security policies in my organisation). Do you think I should try on wifi?

/Sanne

0 Kudos
SanneMikkelsen
Occasional Contributor

I finally found out a way. I disabled tracking of the collectors, and that did the job.

I would have liked to try the tracking function though:-(

ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Sanne,

The use of Wifi to download data for disconnected editing can be helpful because we can throw Fiddler in as well to monitor the traffic and clarify where the failure happens. I'm not sure what is happening in your environment, but editor tracking should work on Android devices as well as iOS. Does this behavior occur for all feature services you publish, or just this one?

-Scott

0 Kudos
SanneMikkelsen
Occasional Contributor

So far this is the only offline app i have made with tracking of collectors.

0 Kudos