Collector - Offline Error with Definition Queries

Jump to solution
03-11-2015 12:20 PM
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

I ran into what I assume is a bug when taking a map offline that contains feature layers with definition queries applied. I have a pipeline layer which contains all of our pipelines but the end user would like to be able to selectively display the pipeline by commodity. So I published a map with the pipeline feature service added multiple times and definition queries applied for each commodity. This map works fine as a web map or streaming it on Collector. However, taking this map offline results in an error “Map Download Failed. Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters. Error in creating runtime geodatabase.” I can get that same Web Map successfully offline by removing the layers with definition queries. Hence, I assume the definition queries are creating the error. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this and if there is a solution, if not I will place a support ticket with Esri.  Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently you cannot take of layers with the same data source in the map offline.

Russ

View solution in original post

13 Replies
BenGrod

I placed a ticket with Esri this morning regarding this issue. I'll post the results here in case other come across the same problem.

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently you cannot take of layers with the same data source in the map offline.

Russ

BenGrod

Russell, thank you for the information. I just tested it and as you suggested I was able take the map offline with definition queries once I removed multiple occurrences of the same feature layer. That certainly solves the error/bug I thought I had encountered. Thanks again and I will close the ticket.

GISSupport3

Is it planned to be able to take off layers with the same data source in the map offline?

Thanks

gavinmcgowan
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I'm still having this error when trying to download offline maps, “Map Download Failed. Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters. Error in creating runtime geodatabase.” Any other reasons for this error

Please

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you use ArcGIS online host feature service or ArcGIS Server feature service? Do you use Portal or ArcGIS Online?  Is it in iOS or Android? Can you use Fiddler to capture the traffic following Configure Fiddler to Capture Web Traffic from an iPhone/iPad | Support Services Blog (iOS) or http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/configure-fiddler/tasks/ConfigureForAndroid (Android)? You can see the parameters to submit REST end point like

Could you spot anything strange?

0 Kudos
AmandaOpp
New Contributor III

Was this problem ever solved?  I have the same exact error.  This is the first map download attempt with the new update to 10.3.  I am using IOS through ArcGIS Online Portal and have downloaded the same data with no problems in the past.   Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you get the same error message "Map Download Failed. Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters. Error in creating runtime geodatabase."? If so, what are the parameters on POST while using Fiddler to capture the traffic?

0 Kudos
AmandaOpp
New Contributor III

I do get the same exact error message.  Sorry, but I don't know how to use Fiddler.  Can you explain?  Also, the link above for Fiddler is not working for me.

0 Kudos