Collector November 2015 Release

Jump to solution
11-19-2015 07:54 AM
JosephMootz1
Occasional Contributor

Any word on when the November release of collector will come out. The ArcGIS Online release happened overnight on 11/18/15 and this link (What’s New in ArcGIS Online (November 2015) | ArcGIS Blog ) describes the updates to Collector, but the AppStore and Collector Help site (Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS) still have the October release.

I am really interested in seeing how the "Ability to configure photo resolution (iOS platform)" works.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

We are working on it. We are targeting early December to release.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

We are working on it. We are targeting early December to release.

JosephMootz1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Miaogeng,

Any update on the new release of Collector for iOS? I noticed the Windows 10 version was released  on December 7th.

We are really interested in seeing how the "Ability to configure photo resolution (iOS platform)" works. We are having issues uploading photos larger than about 4mb. The uploads seem to timeout after about two minutes with a message "Update Failed. Attachments could not be sent."

I don't know of a way to tell whether this is an issue with the Collector app, the iPad or with the data communication systems. We are using cellular communications from the field which can be spotty at times but it seems to timeout sometimes even with good coverage and with wi-fi.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Joseph,

We are getting there to release. We will keep you updated once it is out.

Before it is released, you can try 3rd party app to adjust the size of photo. In Collector app, you will add photo from gallery. In this way, you can investigate further about the timeout issue.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

The update of "Ability to configure photo resolution (iOS platform)"  is released. check this blog for more into: What’s New In Collector (December 2015) | ArcGIS Blog