Collector Map Failed to Download: Service Unavailable

07-23-2014 10:49 AM
AndrewAult
New Contributor II

I am attempting to download a map in my Collector app with layers added that I have published from ArcMap to My Hosted Services. Soon into the download I get an error message stating "Failure to download the map: Service Unavailable." The live map in my list works just fine and is even editable when I have a clear connection, but I need to be able to download this map to collect data offline while working out in the field. Is there any explanation as to why I am receiving this error message?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share your map and services to a group and invite Collector4ArcGIS and I can take a look at the issue. Just post back the group name so I know which one will belong to this issue.

Russ

0 Kudos
AndrewAult
New Contributor II

We created a group called "Service Unavailable" and just sent you an invitation to join. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks, I am looking into it now. I am seeing the service unavailable message randomly. It seems like the Company Stands service stops responding. I am looking into the issue and it would be great if you could keep the map and the service Company_Stands available for me to test against.

0 Kudos
AndrewAult
New Contributor II

We took a little bit different approach this morning and decided to download Collector on an iPhone to see if the download would produce the same errors. I tried the download again and instead I received an error message stating "Illegal start of token...[<]". Does that have anything to do with the difference in software we were downloading from?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

That is an error from the server and we are working with the server team to see why that message is being sent. Are you seeing it every time you try on iOS. When I try on iOS it is downloading for me without any error message.

0 Kudos
JohnGreen
New Contributor II

I downloaded two maps yesterday morning on my Android without problems.  We will try some more this morning.  John Green and Andrew Ault,

0 Kudos