Collector Location Issue

01-06-2020 06:49 AM
BillMorgan1
New Contributor

All of a sudden the street and opensource street basemaps in colllector put me in California and I am in S Carolina. When i reload the basemap it will put me in the right location but when i touch the locator button in the bottom left corner it takes me to somewhere in California.  The pictometry map will not do this but then i am limited on zooming in and out very far.  It seems to collect the data I am repositioning correctly though.  What is going on??  I have had this open on 2 seperate Samsung phones  collector issues collector arcgis@ Kylie Donia   Rachel Applebaum

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RachelApplebaum
Esri Contributor

Hi Bill,

This is not my area of expertise, so unfortunately I can't help. But Colin Lawrence‌ should be able to help!

-Rachel

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Bill,

I hope I can help you out. What version of Collector are you using? When you load a map or tap + to add a new feature, it should pan to your current location. Are you saying your current location (blue dot) is appearing in California when you are in South Carolina? When you mention looking at different basemaps, are you using different maps or switching the basemap from the basemap tool within Collector?

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
BillMorgan1
New Contributor

Well turns out someone in my office loaded pictometry which changed the projection and now if I use one of the street basemap that is the reason apparently.  No reason to do it just still seemed extreme.

0 Kudos