Collector fails to open on Windows 10

Jump to solution
01-17-2019 01:47 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

Help, I've got a HP equivalent of a Surface Pro and finally managed to install collector ( i had to side load it as the MS store ) but when i try to open Collector it just crashes, ive tried re-installing it a few times with the same problems

any ideas?

Stu

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Claire,

Did you try these steps from above?

From the Windows start menu, select Settings > Apps & Features > find and select Collector for ArcGIS > Advanced options > check the storage size for the App. It should be about 59 MB. If you see a value that is significantly smaller, there may have been a problem with the installation. Typically this is caused by specific Windows Group Policy settings or anti virus program so it is best to work with your IT to narrow it down further. I have seen this effected by Microsoft Update Group Policy settings if that helps. 

When it comes to installing outside of the store it is tough for us to troubleshoot as this can introduce many environment specific variables. It is best to work with your IT in this situation if possible. To potentially narrow the cause I might try installing on another machine to check for the same behavior. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
AlexEllick2
New Contributor II

Sorry to bump an old thread but I found the solution for this. Our environment does not allow access to the Windows Store and we were encountering the same issue.

You need to leverage the .xml license file included in the package. I used powershell to accomplish it.

[as administrator]

add-appxprovisionedpackage -packagepath "\\path\to\Esri.CollectorforArcGIS_18.0.2.0_neutral_~_eytg3kh68c6a8.AppxBundle" -licensepath "\\path\to\Esri.CollectorforArcGIS_eytg3kh68c6a8_fe8f779c-a85b-7bde-46c4-970b7fbd7ab4.xml" -online 

This will install the app in "provisioned" mode which means that all future users will get the package. It will generally install for the existing users but I've seen where it doesn't. 

To install from an existing provisioned install, you can use a variation of the following:

add-appxpackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Esri.CollectorforArcGIS_18.0.2.0_neutral_~_eytg3kh68c6a8\AppxMetadata\AppxBundleManifest.xml" -disabledevelopmentmode

YMMV

Hope this helps someone else out here!

StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

this worked for me  but now my map wont open  but i've moved on a step

many thanks

Stu

0 Kudos
AlexEllick2
New Contributor II

What are you seeing / not seeing now?

0 Kudos