Help, I've got a HP equivalent of a Surface Pro and finally managed to install collector ( i had to side load it as the MS store ) but when i try to open Collector it just crashes, ive tried re-installing it a few times with the same problems
Solved! Go to Solution.
Did you try these steps from above?
From the Windows start menu, select Settings > Apps & Features > find and select Collector for ArcGIS > Advanced options > check the storage size for the App. It should be about 59 MB. If you see a value that is significantly smaller, there may have been a problem with the installation. Typically this is caused by specific Windows Group Policy settings or anti virus program so it is best to work with your IT to narrow it down further. I have seen this effected by Microsoft Update Group Policy settings if that helps.
When it comes to installing outside of the store it is tough for us to troubleshoot as this can introduce many environment specific variables. It is best to work with your IT in this situation if possible. To potentially narrow the cause I might try installing on another machine to check for the same behavior.
Sorry to bump an old thread but I found the solution for this. Our environment does not allow access to the Windows Store and we were encountering the same issue.
You need to leverage the .xml license file included in the package. I used powershell to accomplish it.
add-appxprovisionedpackage -packagepath "\\path\to\Esri.CollectorforArcGIS_220.127.116.11_neutral_~_eytg3kh68c6a8.AppxBundle" -licensepath "\\path\to\Esri.CollectorforArcGIS_eytg3kh68c6a8_fe8f779c-a85b-7bde-46c4-970b7fbd7ab4.xml" -online
This will install the app in "provisioned" mode which means that all future users will get the package. It will generally install for the existing users but I've seen where it doesn't.
To install from an existing provisioned install, you can use a variation of the following:
add-appxpackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Esri.CollectorforArcGIS_18.104.22.168_neutral_~_eytg3kh68c6a8\AppxMetadata\AppxBundleManifest.xml" -disabledevelopmentmode
Hope this helps someone else out here!