Collector + Dual XGPS

06-16-2017 11:13 AM
AugustFroehlich
New Contributor II

I can get the Samsung Tab A to Bluetooth with the XGPS 150, the Dual Status app shows the values for satellites and location etc. but I can't get Collector to see the XGPS. I have tried assigning the XGPS as location provider in Collector, but when I open a project, Collector says "Your current receiver XGPS... was not found. Ensure your receiver is powered on."

I am out of ideas for what else to try. Dual help line was unfamiliar with this problem.

Collector 17.0.2 build 1028, Android 6, XGPS150 2.1.0

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/collector-for-arcgis?sr=search&searchId=214b46...‌ would be the place to post such questions.  I have moved it there.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi August,

From looking at this article:

GPS receiver support—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

It looks like the "Dual XGPS150A and XGPS160" receiver will for sure work with Android devices. I assume yours is a 150A?

Have you followed the steps in this article to make sure it is set up properly?

Use high-accuracy GPS—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
AugustFroehlich
New Contributor II

Thaks for the reply Adrian. I had been through all the self-help I could find on the esri site, including the links you posted. The only things I can come up with are 1)  "works with Android" is a pretty broad brush and there might be some OS/hardware issue that is peculiar to the Samsung Tab A setup I'm using and 2) the only thing I can't get nailed down is the selection of  the coordinate system of the XGPS. I've called their tech support but they couldn't answer right away. I don't think my choice here would throw up the error I'm seeing but I'll run it down regardless.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

August,

Here are two things you can try:

1) Unpair XGPS 150 and Power off Samsung Tab A and XGPS 150. Try again. Sometimes weird thing can happen and restart can help. 

2)  You can use this app Bluetooth GPS - Android Apps on Google Play for debug purpose and check if NMEA from Dual receiver is correct.

-Morgan

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

oooh, that sounds like a great app!I am bookmarking this for later for when I come across an external receiver to pair with my phone.  

0 Kudos