Since the new app upgrades in both Collector and GNSS Status, the Collector app is crashing when the user attempts to open a map. If we switch to SBAS, Uncorrected or Integrated Receiver things are fine. Anyone else seeing this? From ESRI is this a known issue?
This is not an issue we are aware of. A new update of GNSS Status was just released (version 3.0.1). Can you confirm which version of GNSS Status you've been experiencing these issues on?
Hi Jeff -
In addition to the version of GNSS Status you're using, it'd be great to know which receiver (R1 or R2) and which level of RTX service is being used as well.
Please keep us posted on this status. We just ordered a Trimble R2 unit and the FieldPoint RTX service so we are very interested in how this turns out. We should have the unit in the next few days.
Latest from ESRI below. It is officially a bug at this point with workarounds.
The crashing seems to be unique to when using RTX (Any) + SBAS correction sources via the GNSS Status app.
When using RTX (Internet) or RTX (Satellite) + SBAS corrections via GNSS Status, the issue isn’t reproducible.
When using RTX (Any) + Uncorrected via GNSS Status, the issue isn’t reproducible.
We’re still investigating this issue further, however for the time being, please continue using the previous workaround that Dan provided or the combinations that I mentioned above via GNSS Status.
The following bug was logged with Esri Support:
BUG-000108426 : Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) will crash while opening a web map if a Trimble R1 utilizing RTX corrections is set as the location provider in Collector.
I have the same issue as Jeff here.
Some slight differences in my collection set-up but I suspect the same bug is causing the crash when trying to use Collector application for ArcGIS (iOS).
I have a Trimble R2 receiver, using Trimble CenterPoint RTX for correction service. I've been using this system for 10 months and Collector has been working great until my iPad ran updates on both Collector for ArcGIS and GNSS Status applications sometime during the middle of last week (estimated date - 9/27/17).
As you probably already know, this bug seems to be isolated to iOS. I ran this set-up on my Android phone which uses Android 7.0 and it works perfectly (with the latest Collector for ArcGIS and GNSS Status applications installed, however they might be different versions I imagine).