Collector Classic map refresh does not work

Jump to solution
11-25-2019 11:12 AM
MKF62
by
Occasional Contributor III

I can't get the map to refresh in Collector except by what seems to be pure luck. I'm using iOS on the latest operating system. I'm using Collector Classic. I've tried these things:

• Set layer fresh in AGOL to one minute
  • Exit the live map and pull down to get the little spinning wheel demonstrating it's refresh
  • Sign out and sign back in (sometimes works)

The only thing that works 100% of the time is downloading the map... but then to get updates after that, I have to delete the downloaded map and redownload... 

What is the trick I'm missing to this? I've seen a lot of questions posted about this over the past years but there seems to be no conclusive solution.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MKF62
by

I swear I always figure out the answer to my questions minutes after I post them.

So none of the stuff I was doing was reliable, obviously. Anybody else encountering this problem, here is hopefully the definitive answer: on the page where all your maps are listed, click the information (i in a circle) button on the map you're interested in refreshing. Then click the "Reload" button. That's the only way you can get it to refresh properly.

Edit 4/23/2020: I'm not sure how I got the "Reload" button but I don't see it anymore... all I see is "Open." So this is no longer a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MKF62
by

I swear I always figure out the answer to my questions minutes after I post them.

So none of the stuff I was doing was reliable, obviously. Anybody else encountering this problem, here is hopefully the definitive answer: on the page where all your maps are listed, click the information (i in a circle) button on the map you're interested in refreshing. Then click the "Reload" button. That's the only way you can get it to refresh properly.

Edit 4/23/2020: I'm not sure how I got the "Reload" button but I don't see it anymore... all I see is "Open." So this is no longer a solution.

0 Kudos