Collector: basemaps with arcgisserver in URL not displaying and not downloading in Android since 10.4.2 upgrade (build 1026)

03-02-2017 03:22 PM
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Example URL:

https://collector.rfs.nsw.gov.au/arcgisserver/rest/services/Cache/NSW_LPI_Images_WM/MapServer

Had to change arcgisserver to ags, as per below:

https://collector.rfs.nsw.gov.au/ags/rest/services/Cache/NSW_LPI_Images_WM/MapServer

Only an issue on Android since 10.4.2 upgrade.

iOS still displaying and downloading basemaps from arcgissserver just fine.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Erin

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was anything else changed when you changed your proxy/web adaptor from arcgisserver to ags? I see the old server uses web-tier authentication. I do not know what the ags link uses as that looks to be blocked for now.

Do other services fail to download or display coming from the arcgisserver url?

0 Kudos
GISSupport3

Hi Dan,

No changes made, only upgrade to Android v10.4.2.

- arcgisserver has integrated Windows Authentication (IWA)

- ags has anonymous authentication

All other services from arcgisserver work fine, as long as they are Feature Services. If they were Map Services, they failed.

Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would make sure this setting is enabled:

Available map and image cache properties—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

What errors do you receive when trying to download?

0 Kudos
GISSupport3

Hi Dan,

Can you be more specific about which setting? There is a lot of detail in that webpage. Thanks.

Here is a screenshot of the error - the map/image displays only as grid.

Android download map with blank image/grid

Note, you can still pick a work area and map detail, and it downloads successfully - this didn't happen last time I tried, it just failed to download.

Thanks,

Erin

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the screenshot. When you open the map and do not attempt to download it, do you see the basemap? Do you see the basemap over wifi or internal wifi? I see that you are on LTE right now, correct?

0 Kudos
GISSupport3

Hi Dan,

When I open the map, I cannot see the basemap - please see screenshot.Android Blank basemap image

I'm using wifi - I've tried multiple networks.

I think the Vo LTE thing is something to do with phone using 4G/3G - I've done a random google.

I also just tried going to flight mode and connecting to wifi, to disable phone reception/data - still same problem.

Last thought is I forgot to mention that we're still on Portal 10.3.1 - haven't managed to upgrade yet.

Thanks, Erin

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you log into ArcGIS Online on your phone through your browser and access the map, do you see the basemap?

0 Kudos
GISSupport3

Hi Dan,

We don't use ArcGIS Online.

We use ArcMap to publish services, the use Portal for ArcGIS to create our maps.

If I look at the map in Portal on my phone I can see the basemap when it has arcgisserver in URL.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think this issue may be best resolved by contacting ESRI Support. This will assist you in handling the issue in a quicker manner