Collector App. Why does adding a point default to GPS location?

Jump to solution
01-31-2019 02:55 PM
deleted-user-yC5VkbyXzrQR
Occasional Contributor

When I'm using the new collector APP online (not offline) on my iPhone,  whenever I try to add a point it defaults to the GPS location. Is there a way just have to have collector stay at the location you choose to start to edit ?? 

Regards, 

Adam 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adam -- You can choose to collect at your specified location instead of using your GPS location. Are you using Collector or Collector Classic? 

If using Collector, see Capture > At a location on the map (the same topic includes how to collect at specific coordinates or at the location of an existing asset, depending on where the non-GPS location you'd like to use is coming from).

If using Collector Classic, see Add a feature > Collect a feature at a particular location.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adam -- You can choose to collect at your specified location instead of using your GPS location. Are you using Collector or Collector Classic? 

If using Collector, see Capture > At a location on the map (the same topic includes how to collect at specific coordinates or at the location of an existing asset, depending on where the non-GPS location you'd like to use is coming from).

If using Collector Classic, see Add a feature > Collect a feature at a particular location.

Esri Education Team
deleted-user-yC5VkbyXzrQR
Occasional Contributor

I see. I got it to work! Thanks. 

The new Collector App.