Basemaps for multiple locations

06-04-2015 12:27 PM
WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

I have a map that I want users to be able to take offline.  The problem is, this map has multiple locations scattered across a state and I want to be able to zoom in a far as possible at each site.  We cannot rely on a connection to be able to download each area while onsite.  I've determined that I can zoom to each site and download the detail for that area in Collector, and then choose not to remove the basemap when 'un-syncing' so it remains on the device.  But this is very tedious to have to do this for each site, and then not knowing which basemap is for each location as they just get named World_Imagery, World_Imagery_1, World_Imagery_2, etc.  I imagine you could go in and rename each of these folder names to something more meaningful, but again, quite tedious.

Is there a solution to this situation?  You can't generate Tile Packages of ESRI's basemaps so I'm not sure how to solve this...

Any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Warren M

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

We have plan to implement more tools for planning offline field operations in the near future. Before that, here are some tips about basemap. First, you can rename basemap name in the webmap from ArcGIS Online. When the webmap is downloaded, the offline basemap name will be the one you created. Second, you can copy basemap from desktop into the devices

WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Miaogeng,

I should have been more clear that I am using the ESRI basemaps, World Imagery to be more specific.  As such, I have found no way to create a Tile Packes of this to load onto the devices.

Warren

0 Kudos