Attachment failed to upload. Why?

10-01-2015 12:39 PM
NicholasMcNamara
Occasional Contributor II

My attachments fail to upload, with no other useful feedback. All versions are the most recent. Attachment type is a photo. I also cannot see any new maps I make in Portal, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, though I can see *some* of my existing maps, just nothing edited recently. What is going on here?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

do they fail to upload in a connected map or a downloaded map. If you are using Portal for ArcGIS check to see if there are any errors in your server logs. That will help you determine if its an issue with the sde or the server.

Russ

0 Kudos
NicholasMcNamara
Occasional Contributor II

OK, it turns out the reason why this was failing is although the redline layer was still in Collector, it had mysteriously vanished from the web app itself. Why it did not also disappear from the Collector app, I don't know. But I found that it was missing and added it back in, and now the attachments are posting. It would be useful to have more... useful error messages as to what went wrong instead of the equivalent of "sorry, didn't work" because it can take forever to track down a random issue like this.

0 Kudos
VincentRobinson
New Contributor III

I am currently using Field Maps and my attachments fail to upload, dose anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos