ArcGIS Server/Online and Editable Feature Services

Jump to solution
03-17-2015 03:30 PM
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

I have two rather in depth questions. The scenario is, I am attempting to publish an editable feature service on ArcGIS Server then add that Feature Service to ArcGIS Online, bring it into a web map, and consume/edit the web map/feature service with Collector. In addition, I would ideally like to take the web map offline with Collector.

My environment is ArcGIS Server 10.2.2, along with ArcGIS desktop 10.2.2, we have an organizational ArcGIS Online account, and our data is hosted in an Oracle SDE database (unsure of Oracle version).

I can successfully publish a map service with feature access enabled and all capabilities except sync. I followed the data preparation for offline use but cannot enable archiving on a nonversioned feature class. My first question is my inability to sync related to my Oracle SDE?

My second question is how do I enable editing when consuming the feature service in ArcGIS Online? I added the feature service to ArcGIS Online by Adding an Item, from the Web, Type = ArcGIS Server web service and provide the full URL (example http://ags-mobile/arcgis/rest/services/Mobile/Edit/MapServer/0). However, once added editing does not appear to be available.

Thank you for any help or suggestions, currently none of my data is publicly shared.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
BenGrod

Thank you Jake, your support and suggestions are appreciated. I'll go ahead and post a ticket with Esri and share the resolution on this discussion.

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel1

Ben, it actually makes a difference which version of ArcGIS Desktop you are using. Likely you will be able to enable archiving on your feature class with a Desktop 10.2 client. That will make it un-usable for older clients, though. -Tobias

BenGrod

Tobias, my environment is ArcGIS Server 10.2.2, along with ArcGIS desktop 10.2.2, so I don't believe that shouldn't be the issue. I'm going to go ahead and post a ticket with Esri. I will revisit this discussion to document the issue/resolution once solved. Thanks again for the support!

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel1

Sounds good Ben. If you figure it out please let us know. Thanks!

BenGrod

Working with Esri I was able to identify the issue. My SDE geodatabase is at 10.0 which does not support the capabilities I am attempting. It is not a database (Oracle) or geometry type issue. My desktop and ArcGIS Server are at 10.2 but not SDE. I'm in discussions to upgrade the SDE which hopefully will occur next week. I'll revisit this post once upgraded and likely mark all of your responses as correct. Thanks again and next time I will be more diligent about all of my environment settings.