ArcGIS Collector has no developer options

Jump to solution
08-26-2020 05:06 AM
GinoMellino
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I have recently been experiencing a large number of issues taking web maps offline in Collector for ArcGIS. I have enabled the developer options on my android device to attempt to troubleshoot the issue but the only developer option is 'Placeholder' as shown in the attachment? Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Collector version: 20.2.1 

Cheers, 

Gino

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Gino, 

Right now in Collector (Android), developer option is not implemented yet. Regarding your offline map downloading issue, can you provide more details? Is it just for a specific map?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Gino, 

Right now in Collector (Android), developer option is not implemented yet. Regarding your offline map downloading issue, can you provide more details? Is it just for a specific map?

GinoMellino
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for the reply - that would explain it then. I was under the impression that it was in both Android and iOS versions of Collector. 

I can tell you what I know, it is hard to troubleshoot as the people who are experiencing the issue are over 1000km's away and are field staff who are not within the office much. I was hoping to use logging to determine further what was happening.

The web map being used contains 1 polyline layer with 3500 records and 2 polygon layers with 4500 and 22000 records each viewed over the ESRI Imagery with Labels basemap. The operational layer data is stored as versioned featureclasses within our Oracle database and served using ArcGIS Server 10.7.1. No predefined map areas have been created as yet but this is something I am hoping to do when I can determine with the field staff which areas they need to take offline. 

Due to the difficulty contacting the field staff I am not exactly sure of the version of collector used however it is not Collector Classic. As mentioned above I am also not sure of the size of the area that is being taken offline but some of the land that the team service is quite large. They use Samsung phones to do their collecting but I am not sure of the exact model.

They have tried to take maps offline while connected to the office wifi, home wifi and 4G cellular data but seem to experience the same issue - the download starts, seems to continue downloading for a long time and eventually fails. In contrast for myself and others who are attempted to troubleshoot this the offline maps work fine unless we go to large areas (e.g. 50km x 30km) in which case the following error below is returned (in the collector logs on my iOS device) relating to the basemap; the team managing the server assures me that the server logs indicate the jobs relating to taking operational data offline complete successfully.

Error downloading map: Error Domain=com.esri.arcgis.runtime.services.error Code=400 "Invalid URL" UserInfo={NSURL=https://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/directories/arcgisoutput/World_Imagery_MapServer/_ags483010445_ch?f=json, NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid URL, responseJSON={
    error =    {
        code = 400;
        details =        (
        );
        message = "Invalid URL";
    };
}}

This is about all I know right now if there is any other information you need please let me know - any help greatly appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Gino

ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Gino - Did you find out a solution? We are having the same issue but only on ios devices android seems fine. 

Thanks

Claire

GinoMellino
Occasional Contributor

Hi Claire, 

No resolution as yet. The field guys are still quite busy and I have been unable to troubleshoot with them. Their season is ending very soon however so I expect to get back into troubleshooting this again soon. 

If I do work anything out I will be sure to post it on this thread. 

Cheers, 

Gino

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Gino - you say

"The operational layer data is stored as versioned featureclasses within our Oracle database and served using ArcGIS Server 10.7.1."

Are you sure this layer is prepped for offline use with global ids and that the sync and extract capabilities have been enabled on the feature access service? 

0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

David - Ours is using sql server and everything is offline capable. We have been using it for several months, then this week its failing to download an offline version. Something is up with the Esri World Imagery service Offline option within ArcGIS enterprise i believe we just dont know what yet. 

GinoMellino
Occasional Contributor

Hi David, 

Yes absolutely sure, can confirm that I have been able to take maps offline without issue. The only way I have been able to get the download to fail is to attempt to take a large area offline as mentioned above, however, this is still within the acceptable parameters for the level of detail I am using. In the tests I have done when the failure occurred the server team have indicated that the jobs generated on our server complete within seconds for our operational layers; they are coming offline fine, the ESRI imagery is not as indicated by the log from Collector on our iOS test device. 

Cheers, 

Gino

ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III

Same issue and no logging for Android makes this extremely hard to diagnose. I do see offline replicas are getting created from the eGDB but since the download doesn't complete these are now bogus/orphaned replicas.

0 Kudos