ArcGIS Collector - Attachments not appearing when going offline

07-16-2015 02:46 PM
VincentNg3
New Contributor

I have a map set up in Collector for iOS that has many layers with existing attachments, which are viewable when using Collector online.  However, when I download the map for offline use, the attachments are nowhere to be found.  I'm under the impression that this isn't intended behaviour, but perhaps I'm mistaken?

Thanks,

Vincent

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JustinFritz1
New Contributor II

I just tried it and when using Collector online on an iPad v10.3.2 it gives you the link to the photo.  I then synced the map in just one area for offline use.  When I checked for the same photo it was already there available offline.

So this appears to work for me the way you want it to.

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Vincent,

Is your feature service hosted on ArcGIS Online or on an ArcGIS Server? This may help us determine how to approach the issue.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
VincentNg3
New Contributor

Hi Scott,

The feature service is hosted on an ArcGIS Server. It's versioned as well.

Thanks,

Vincent

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for this clarification Vincent. What version of ArcGIS for Server are you using? What version of ArcSDE is being used to store the data as well? Also, what version of Collector are you using?

Would it be possible to enable DEBUG logging in Server Manager while you are downloading this data to see if any messages come up there related to the attachment table?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
VincentNg3
New Contributor

Hi Scott,

Here is what versions we are using:

• ArcGIS Server 10.3
  • Geodatabase 10.3
  • Collector 10.2

Another couple things to note:

• These geodatabases were migrated from a 10.2 version.
  • The attachments were created before we were using GlobalIDs so GlobalIDs were enabled after the fact and I had to use the Migrate Relationship Class tool to move the Attachment layers to a GlobalID-based relationship class.
  • A colleague has mentioned that data on new geodatabases that have GlobalID enabled on feature class before attachments are enables seem to work fine.

So maybe it's an issue tied to migrating the geodatabase from 10.2 to 10.3? Or perhaps with enabling the GlobalIDs after the attachments?

Regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Vincent,

Sorry about the delay in my response, but the information you've provided helps clarify a bit. It is likely that the migration of this particular dataset is causing the behavior you are seeing. I would be interested to see what ArcGIS Server DEBUG level logs show when the data is downloaded but attachments are left out.

-Scott

0 Kudos