Adding Photos to Collector (iPad and Android

10-19-2015 08:02 AM
ChrisGoessl
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am have created a map that downloads the data from our services. I am able to downloaded the maps from our secure connection, make changes to the data (add/edit/delete) the information in the field, and sync'd back when the person is logged into our secure network.

The feature service does have GlobalID field, is the service does "Create, Delete, Query, Sync, and Updates" checked under the Feature Access.

Here are the issues:

The photos are not downloading to be viewable in the field when disconnected from the Secured network. I am able to see it on our internal flexviewer application, but not when I download the data onto the collector application.

I am unable to attach a photo to the feature while out in the field. I have researched and changed everything that I can. I am able to attach a photo from the within ArcGIS Online Map using the edit feature, but that kind of defeats the point of collecting the data in the field.

The error that I am getting when I attempt to add a photo on Collector "Unable to post to field" on iPAD and Android i get "Posting Attachments...." but nothing happens.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Goessl

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you use Fiddler to capture the web traffic following Configure Fiddler to Capture Web Traffic from an iPhone/iPad | Support Services Blog (iOS) or http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/configure-fiddler/tasks/ConfigureForAndroid (Android)?

Also, could you set server logging level to debug and see if you can spot any errors reported back when you update attachments?

http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/administer/windows/about-server-logs.htm

0 Kudos
ChrisGoessl
New Contributor III

I have gotten the fiddler to work with Android at this time. It appears that it is not downloading any images from the rest/services, just text.

I am not able to log onto the server log at this time.

0 Kudos
ChrisGoessl
New Contributor III

I am not getting any errors on the server side of the system.

The issue is with the iPad/Android device saving the attachment while out in the field. I can create / edit features without any issue. The issue is when a photo is taken, it will not attach to the feature.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

You might want to try to re-enable attachment again and publish the service. If the issue still exists, you can contact Esri Support to have a support case logged so you can work with support analysts to troubleshoot the issue. 

0 Kudos