access to collector

Jump to solution
05-19-2020 01:09 PM
WadeWall
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have an ArcGIS account through my organization, and am trying to figure out if I can use arcGIS collector. I have created a map in arcGIS online, and can see the map. I have also shared the map. I have downloaded Collector for arcGIS to a mobile device and have successfully logged in. However, I can't see the map that I created. The message says "No maps Maps will appear here when they're created or shared with you"

Is this because (a) Collector is not connecting to arcGIS online (b) I need an additional license (which is not clear anywhere in the documentation) or (c) something else?

Thanks for any information.

Wade

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad you got it worked out! Depending on how your get your data to ArcGIS Online, make sure you publish as a feature layer and you'll be set

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

I'm having a similar issue to Wade, except mine is when I go to download a map for offline use. I get the message "No maps Maps will appear here when they're created or shared with you" when I try to download an area for offline use. This is even for maps that I have previously been able to download areas for and which I havenot even edited since downloading map areas. Any thoughts on how to fix this? This is frustrating as I need to get some areas downloaded for field use and these maps were all working a few weks ago.

0 Kudos