Disable Attachment Sync by map layer instead of by map

02-22-2021 03:55 PM
MarcusKlatt1
New Contributor II

Disable attachment synching for offline use on tablets and phones on a by layer basis instead of by map.  

This will allow in a single map to have one layer with fewer attachments toggled to download attachments for offline use while toggling another to not download attachments.

For example, on a large and long term survey, initial nest location photos are collected.  Then construction activities are documented on a separate layer with multiple photos daily.  The documentation photos may add thousands of photos which will eventually slow down the download or max out the tablet storage capacity.  It would be great to be able to have a single map that could house both these datasets.

1 Comment
CraigMueller1

I agree, and really support this idea. To add another user story: I have multiple layers with attachments enabled and my field staff will take data offline in areas where there may be extensive photos and PDFs attached with pre-existing data. Most attachments aren't necessary to do the work in field and are only relevant in-office, but depending on the work sometimes they may need attachments for a particular layer. For instance, when doing inspections of construction work they may want as-built photos, or when doing bio surveys they may want to view previous attached survey PDFs, but the non-relevant attachments in other layers cause the map area download size to get out of control. The Field Maps web app seems like the perfect place and opportunity to allow for turning on and off attachments per layer.