When starting up CityEngine 2016 a pop message appears saying to repair my license in the ArcGIS Administrator program. However when opening ArcGIS Administrator program the I do not see the option to repair my license. Please advise.

08-10-2017 12:55 AM
JamesMok
New Contributor

When starting up CityEngine 2016 a pop message appears saying to repair my license in the ArcGIS Administrator program. However when opening ArcGIS Administrator program the I do not see the option to repair my license. Please advise.

Pop-up window when starting CityEngine and ArcGIS Administrator

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The only reference to that error associated with city engine has to do with windows 8.1 and city engine 2013 quite some years ago.

has it every worked properly? if it has, what operating system are you using and when did it stop working?

0 Kudos
JamesMok
New Contributor

I found the error only today when I started up CityEngine but was working properly over the weekend and has been working for the past 2-3 weeks. I am using Windows 10.

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Are you using Single Use or Concurrent Use?

I have found with this error > you need to get a license reset - contact Esri Support or your Distributor.

Once you have got the license reset > Clear your trusted storage

How To: Clear or delete trusted storage for concurrent-use and single-use licenses 

Then reauthorize the software you should be good to go

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

A recent update to windows happened this week (Patch Tuesday), so if the software doesn't work, you have little choice but to contact tech support

0 Kudos