Use Enterprise Logins with CityEngine?

Jump to solution
03-05-2017 07:46 AM
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Is it possible to use enterprise logins with CityEngine? We use Shibboleth enterprise logins to support single-sign-on for our ArcGIS Online instance. I am able to add the URL for our AGO instance via Preferences --> Network --> Portal; however, the Sign In user interface doesn't appear to support enterprise logins. Am I missing a setting or option somewhere?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

IDP/single sign-on is currently not supported by CityEngine. If possible use a AGO-provider account.

File exchange with your IDP account needs to be done with another tool, like a web browser.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Peter,

You can use an enterprise account. The address to the server needs to be like this:

https://webadaptor.domain.com/arcgis/

Then the login will appear.

0 Kudos
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Thomas Fuchs‌ that looks to be a generic Portal URL example. I would like to use CityEngine and enterprise logins via our ArcGIS Online organization, rather than a Portal instance.  

CityEngine accepts our AGO URL as valid, however, the login window that appears is not the typical one offering a choice between logging in with an enterprise account or an AGO account. Rather, you get sent straight to a login window that is only for AGO accounts.

0 Kudos
AdamSkibbe
New Contributor

I'm trying to figure this out also. Following along with the suggestion I added a new portal (via the "not signed in" icon in the upper right of the main window, "manage portals") to accommodate our organizational login. For us, the login is simply https://organization.maps.arcgis.com.  I was able to add the portal, but once I get to this point I get stuck again as we use IDP/single sign-on with our organization credentials.  

Any thoughts on that? I can use my full organizational username instead of my organizational one, but at that point there is no password associated with it.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

That is were I get stuck as well:

This screen is only for AGO-provider accounts. I don't see any option to get to an enterprise login screen, that would allow you to login using your organization's single-sign-on process.

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

IDP/single sign-on is currently not supported by CityEngine. If possible use a AGO-provider account.

File exchange with your IDP account needs to be done with another tool, like a web browser.

PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Enterprise accounts still not supported as of CityEngine 2017.0

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

No, unfortunately not. There have been no changes in CityEngine 2017.0

0 Kudos
AndresMorales
New Contributor

Hi, I am trying to access to my organizational ESRI account from City Engine and I faced the same problem. So as I understand this is not supported by the application. How do I solve this?. Following the replies above I tried to set up another portal and I couldn't manage anyways. Any step by step reference to solve this?

0 Kudos
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Our workaround is to have users create their own public ArcGIS Online account, which we then invite to our ArcGIS Organization. Our instance is configured to support both Enterprise and ArcGIS credentials. They can then login to CityEngine using their non-enterprise account. 

It is frustrating for them, however, as they end up with content spread across two ArcGIS Online identities in our organization. To help alleviate that issue to some degree, we create an Access and Update group for them, of which both their accounts are members. They then can share content to that group, and work with most kinds of content without having to worry about whom they are currently logged in as.

That all generates a lot of manual work for administrators and the end-users, and is not something that scales well and is not easily automated. 

0 Kudos