Text or Labels in City Engine

04-08-2013 08:12 AM
JimJohnson2
New Contributor II
Is there any way to use text or labels to identify the streets, buildings, etc...? Can someone point me to a tutorial or help menu for this.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
MichaelWalton
New Contributor III

I was about to try it on a project, but I discovered the 3D text rule didn't generate. The same 3D text rule works on my laptop which has CE 2014.0, but on my pc, I have CE 2014.1 and 3D text doesn't generate. There is an error that appears in the problems log "Error: geometry asset not found in ResolveMap"

And the warning looks like this in the log: [Method: 'Default$sx'] assetInfo(): assetInfo(): could not load file 'rules/3D_Text/For_3D_Text/Arial/3.obj' - returning 0.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think something might have changed in between the two 2014 versions. I remember having a problem with this recently. I don't think CGA likes how I stored my assets in the rules folder. I'm not sure why I did that originally.

Try moving the "For_3D_Text" folder to your assets folder, and changing the "assetsDirectory" constant (1st line of code I think) to this:

const assetsDirectory = "assets/For_3D_Text/" + Font + "/"

Let me know if it works, and I'll update the download on my blog post.

Thanks!

Chris

0 Kudos
MichaelWalton
New Contributor III

Now it works...thank you for the quick fix

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awesome. I'll update the original asap!

0 Kudos
MichaelWalton
New Contributor III

Hey another awesome thing....if you export a scene with a 3D labels layer set as "backdrop", it will appear in the webscene and will not be present in layer table of contents.

0 Kudos