Select to view content in your preferred language

StreetWidth Used in Setback

01-07-2019 07:50 AM
LesiMai
New Contributor

Hi all!

I'm wondering if there is a way to use the StreetWidth attribute so that setbacks can be based on the width of the street the lot side is facing. For instance, if it's a corner lot, I want to have a larger setback for the side that's facing a wider street and a smaller one for the side that's facing a narrower street.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Lesi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

In 2019.0, you can create custom edge attributes manually in the Inspector by adding new object attributes.  Edge attributes must have the prefix /edgeattr/.  When creating an edge attribute, choose an array type (BOOL[], FLOAT[], or STR[]) and enter in as many values as you have edges, and terminate each value with a semicolon.  After the edge attribute has been created, you can also change a value for an edge in the Inspector by selecting the individual edge.

For example, if I had a triangle shape and I wanted to create an edge attribute for the color of each edge, I would create the following edge attribute.

Edge attributes can also be created using Python using ce.setAttribute.

On non-dynamic shapes (shapes not created by street networks), you can calculate edge attributes for each shape using the built in menu option (Shapes -> Compute Edge Attributes).  This uses the nearest streets to calculate information like /edgeattr/orientations, /edgeattr/streetcategories, and /edgeattr/streetwidths.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/cityengine/latest/help/help-compute-attributes.htm

In CGA, you can access these edge attributes using edgeAttr.getFloat(), edgeAttr.getString(), edgeAttr.getBool().

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/cityengine/latest/cga/cga-edge-attr-function.htm

In the triangle example above, I could color the edges of the triangle using edgeAttr.getString("color").

comp(fe) { all: color(edgeAttr.getString("color")) primitiveCube s('1, w, w) center(yz) Edge. }
0 Kudos