Starting from a satelite image

03-19-2014 04:06 PM
EzequiasRodrigues_da_Rocha
New Contributor III
Hello everyone

I am new on CityEngine and I would like to start a model based on a satelite image and not from scratch. Is it possible? There is any document i can look?

PS: My idea is to build a before and after (proposition module) of my town.

Regards
Ezequias Rocha
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi

You should look through the "General Discussion" If I remember, there was a post about "tailing" the map together in order to get good quality map,

If you are new, I suggest to go through the posts and see what you can use in your project

If you would like to have existing\proposed conditions you should have 2 layers (1.existing, 2. existing + proposed, OR it depends on your project for instance if you are going to demolish some of the existing buildings then 1.existing, 2. existing-after demolition + proposed)

[[[   If you will have 1.existing, 2 proposed then in a WebScene you will have one or another ]]]

In order to get a "slide bar" when you export to WebScene name those 2 layers [existing, existing+ proposed] with the same name

To start the project check the attachment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32476[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Also one more thing,

It is a good practice to download Tutorials and Examples (see attachment)

I guess there is a Slide Bar in Philadelphia Example

then you can check how they organized the Layers , select some area go to File Export--> WebScene and you will see their setting

Good Luck

Lukasz[ATTACH=CONFIG]32477[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
EzequiasRodrigues_da_Rocha
New Contributor III
Also one more thing,

It is a good practice to download Tutorials and Examples (see attachment)

I guess there is a Slide Bar in Philadelphia Example

then you can check how they organized the Layers , select some area go to File Export--> WebScene and you will see their setting

Good Luck

Lukasz[ATTACH=CONFIG]32477[/ATTACH]

Thanks Lukaszczar

I will try your suggestion. I don't have any remote sensoring images but I got my area from google just to draw a draft.

What do you think of it? Should I add the parcels and buildings on ArcMap ant than import the geodatabase and the non-retified image to CityEngine?

Regards
Ezequias Rocha
0 Kudos