splitting components of a facade

07-05-2012 04:31 PM
JoanneO_Brien
Occasional Contributor
So I'm trying to create a front facade on one of my building walls.
I've managed to split it up into all the seperate components to link to different texture files I'm using, but I'm having a little difficulties with one part.  I want to create a facade shown in the image attached using the code below:

case myIndex == 12 :
  split(x) { 0.2 : SolidWall 
  | ~4 : split(y) { 3 : Window2 
  | ~1 : Board }
  | 1 : split(y) { 2 : Door1 
  | ~1 : Window3
  | ~1 : Board } 
  | 0.2 : SolidWall }

There's just one issue, the image and code show's I've had to input the "board" texture twice to get it in one solid line, but it doesn't quite match up. How do I write the code to use one image here?

I hope the explination etc makes sense!

Joanne
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi !

can I recommend an other way to work with image files ?

try the facade wizard. the facade wizard lets you create CGA code directly based on facade images and a series of clicks.

I've seen some of the code creation produces a few buggy lines of code, but that can be fixed after the rule was created.

can you send me the full facade image file, then I can maybe create a little tutorial based on that image. it's been asked in an other thread too, but I was not yet able to answer there. 😞

let me know.
0 Kudos
JoanneO_Brien
Occasional Contributor
I've attached the images of the facade,  and attached the coding as a text file, although please excuse the repetative length of it as I haven't worked out how to compress it more neatly yet. Was this what you were wanting?
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
ah, sorry... I meant the actual original picture you are using to create that facade. not screenshots of the model ..

let me know .. 🙂
0 Kudos
JoanneO_Brien
Occasional Contributor
No worries, was a tad confused there, I've uploaded a few images for you to check out.
0 Kudos