shape to model

08-23-2016 04:21 AM
AlexanderBraun
New Contributor II

I work with CityEngine for the first time and have no idea how to program. The tutorials weren't very helpful for me. I have a 3D Model of an archaeological site and want to use an Intervisibility analisys inside for the statues. I managed to import it as a shape but I fail to get a Model out of the 3dimensional shape and panalize it or defining viewpoints to import in ArcScene for the intervisiblity study.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

CityEngine integrates well with other Esri software such as ArcScene, especially through the Esri GDB format.  You could export your geometry as a gdb and then import it into ArcScene to do your analysis.

0 Kudos
AlexanderBraun
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply. My problem however ist that first I have to "panalize" the model to do the study as shown in this video: Home | Esri Video in order to make the analysis and the rulefile can not be applicated on the shape I get but I need apparently a model.

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for the clarification.

The workflow you are referencing has been updated to integrate with ArcGIS Pro .

Review Proposed Developments | ArcGIS for Local Government 

On this page you can find all requirements, workflow documentation and files including a new reference example.

There is also ArcGIS Online scene of the example:

Review Proposed Developments

0 Kudos