Select to view content in your preferred language

Scene and Visual CGA Editor Windows Not Visible After Using Visual CGA from Tutorial

05-17-2024 10:41 PM
MayraZamora
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm having an issue where my scene window and the visual CGA Editor window are not visible after using or downloading the visual CGA from the tutorial section. Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any solutions?

Thanks for your help!

Mayra ZamoraVisual CGA Editor blank.pngscene window.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

Hi @MayraZamora,

This looks unexpected. We are not aware of any similar reports. I have some questions to further investigate your issue:

• Do you get any suspicious log entries? Any Warning or Errors with a matching timestamp? Window -> Log
  • What happens when you reset the layout to default? Window -> Layout -> Default Layout
  • What happens when you restart CityEngine and open one of the VCGA example scenes again?

Best,
Jonas

0 Kudos
MayraZamora
New Contributor

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for getting back to me. I checked the logs and noticed a few warnings. I've attached the log file for your reference.

When I reset the layout to default, it gave me the following:

- Top of the image: Screenshot of the Default Layout
- Bottom of the image: Screenshot of the Rule Programming Layout

I restarted CityEngine and opened the VCGA example scenes, but the issue persists. I also deleted the program and downloaded it again, but that didn't help either.

Thanks,
Mayra

0 Kudos
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

Hi Mayra,

thanks for your reply. We are investigating the log.

In the meantime can you try what happens when you launch CityEngine with a fresh workspace? Goto File -> Switch Workspace -> Other.. and in the dialog specify a different path for the workspace.

Best
Jonas

0 Kudos
ChristopherKowal2
New Contributor II

I just posted about the same issue. Hopefully there is a fix